Wednesday 17 November 2010

Preliminary Exercise

For my preliminary exercise, I was asked to create a front cover and a mock up of a contents page for a new school/college magazine. I took a picture of a student for the front cover of the college magazine; this was a medium close-up shot. I then appropriately laid out the text and the masthead of the magazine. 

Preliminary: Front Cover
This is the front cover of a college magazine that I have produced. This exercise helped to establish the various photo shot sizes. As you can see I have used a medium close-up shot of the student on the front cover. After I had experimented with a few colours I choose to use the colours black, purple and white as the house colours of the college magazine as I think these colours stand out.

I had to crop out the background of the picture as there were other students in the background and that wasn’t really appropriate for a front cover. The picture itself isn’t very suitable for the front cover as it is out of focus. 


Preliminary: Contents Page

This is my mock up contents page. This shows where the information would be located on the contents page. I have used the same colours that I have used on the front page of the magazine so that it ties in.

No comments:

Post a Comment